Love Your Lettering - a Studio Calico class
I spoke a little about hand-lettering in this blog post yesterday. I see beautifully hand-lettered quotes everywhere these days and I want in on the action. I am, by no means, an expert, but I'd like to someday be, and I think this class will be perfect for teaching me fundamental skills to take my lettering to the next level.
Adding personal, hand-lettered touches to my layouts, project life and other projects is something I want to do often.
Here's a little more about the class if this is something that interests you also....
Whether it's on invitations or business cards, art prints or posters, the hand-lettered look has been popping up everywhere. It's a trend we can't help but love, and resident hand-lettering pro, Jasmine Nora Jones, is ready to show you all the secrets behind this art-form. Jasmine will introduce you to all the tools you'll need, walk you through a foundation of basic lettering styles, then show you how to add variation with flourishes and more. You'll even learn how to make "word art" out of a quote! When this class is over, you'll definitely love your own lettering!
Registration for this online workshop will close on April 30th at 11:59pm EST. Class will begin on April 6th.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- 5 video lessons (plus introduction and conclusion videos!) that introduce you to the ins and outs of the art of lettering.
- PDF lessons to use as a reference for what you've learned.
- A printable practice sheet to use as you practice your lettering.
- Access to a class message board and gallery, where you can share and learn with your teacher and fellow students.
- Weekly challenges to inspire you to use what you've learned.
- Introduction : An intro to lettering and the tools you'll be using
- Lesson 01 : Jumping in with the basics - script, serif/sans serif, thicks and thins
- Lesson 02 : Lettering styles
- Lesson 03 : Adding variations
- Lesson 04 : Building a quote / word art
- Lesson 05 : Digitizing what you've lettered
- Conclusion : Tips and tools to take your lettering further
I need to pick up a few supplies. This papermate flair pen is the one that's been recommended by the instructor. Are there any other great pens out there I should know about for lettering? I'd love to hear suggestions in the comments!